DNA- and RNA-binding residues predictor (DRNApred) - web server
DRNApred is a server providing sequence based prediction of DNA- and RNA-binding residues.
Upon the usage the users are requested to use the following citation:
- Dataset used to develop DRNApred
- Dataset used to evaluate and compare DRNApred with the other
existing methods. Test dataset shares low (<30%) pairwise sequence
similarity with the Training dataset.
The format of these datasets is as follow:
line 1: >protein ID
line 2: Protein sequence (one letter amino acid code)
line 3: Annotation of native DNA-binding residues
(1 -- DNA-binding, 0 -- nonDNA-binding, 2 -- unknown)
line 4: Annotation of native RNA-binding residues
(1 -- RNA-binding, 0 -- nonRNA-binding, 2 -- unknown)
- supplementary materials.
DRNApred accepts either single or multiple protein sequences and
the input is limited to 100 protein sequences at a time.
The user should submit the protein sequence(s) in FASTA format.
The format of the input is as follows (EXAMPLE):
- line1: >protein name
- line2: protein sequence (one letter amino acid code)
We acknowledge with thanks the following software used as a part of this server:
- Homology detection by iterative HMM-HMM comparison
- Prediction of Intrinsically Unstructured Proteins
- Protein secondary structure prediction
- Protein solvent accessibility prediction
- Prediction of real valued accessibility surface area of proteins